Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teachers and Age
[Image: ep5gMNs.png]
So recently:
The owner had posted this on the Teacher Application of Purge.

(11-01-2016, 12:55 PM)Rossi Wrote: Your recent one was turned down because of age and maturity level, I don't think this would change it as it was less then a month ago

At this point, I was a little confused as to the statement mainly due to the part in bold. I placed down my post on that little post wondering if I got any feedback from it and I did. I received Feedback from the Administrator @"Hunterr" and gave a little explanation towards it saying that reflects maturity and if I wished to continue to topic to post a PM to him, however I feel like this could open to community discussion getting answers and statements from not only myself and Hunterr but other members of the community and staff.

(11-02-2016, 02:39 AM)Hunterr Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 12:55 AM)Will Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 12:55 PM)Rossi Wrote: Your recent one was turned down because of age and maturity level, I don't think this would change it as it was less then a month ago

Age should not be a factor in being part of the assistant team. If it is, I think you should change it and if you'd like for me to open a discussion on it. I will.

On Topic:
Current Support: Neutral

Personally not spoke to you much but I have heard about you.

Actually age does matter in a sense as it reflects maturity but I don't wanna start a debate. If you want to continue the conversation, PM me.

[Image: c7xkstB.png]
In my own opinion, I believe this limit should be removed as it is unprofessional and it was a thing that the UK and many countries have removed from official job roles in the world. I know this is a real life part and the Teacher is a game server rank however personally I see it disrespectful simply due to their age and somewhat disgusting to actually see. In 2010, the United Kingdom created a new reinstated act called the Equality Act 2010 which basically combined:

1. Age Discrimination Act 1967

2. Sex Discrimination Act 1975
  3. Race Relations Act 1976
  4. Disability Discrimination Act 1995
As stated before, I know this is a community however forcefully denying someone because they are 12 or 13 due to you thinking their maturity is going to be awful is stupid. That is like looking at the front cover and "using" your knowledge to think that children or teenagers are in fact not mature. There are many mature teens and pre-teens, even ones that can be more mature than staff on multiple places not just in this community not just in this gamemode and it annoys me a lot when people say otherwise. 

During Hunter's little statement he puts "Actually age does matter in a sense as it reflects maturity." and in so the fact it proves the frontbook situation I was discussing above..

(11-02-2016, 02:39 AM)Hunterr Wrote: Actually age does matter in a sense as it reflects maturity.
[Image: Community_Member.png]
Age can matter. Often younger people can be a little bit silly and tend to be immature.

However, if a certain kid isnt then he will stand out and wont be called immature and could have a chance.

I dont think its the age which effects things in my opinion its the maturity and how grown up the person is.

On the other hand, when people join servers and they see kids as staff the server can look a little unprofessional.
Regards,
Perqe
British Moderator
[Image: Z4KVHgm.png]
(11-02-2016, 05:01 AM)Perqe Wrote: Age can matter. Often younger people can be a little bit silly and tend to be immature.

However, if a certain kid isnt then he will stand out and wont be called immature and could have a chance.

I dont think its the age which effects things in my opinion its the maturity and how grown up the person is.

On the other hand, when people join servers and they see kids as staff the server can look a little unprofessional.
[Image: qr4ETQI.png]
Alright, where to begin...

Stating that it is unprofessional is false, it's like trying to get a job, if you don't meet the required age, you don't get the job.

Age plays a role, there is a reason why ranks are given to mature, older and a lot more reasons to players. Hate to say it but tons and tons of players come onto a community, see a young fella with a rank, and begin to troll them, then it's not known as a RPing community to others, mainly a "Mess around" one.

There are tons of videos messing with younger staff members and just gets put out there as a laughing matter, being any rank is like having a job, it's a role you play, and sadly there are limits to meet, maturity is a huge factor with age, not an opinion, it's really a fact, the brain develops as you get older to mature, so I would disagree on saying that age, does not matter

[Image: M0qXjaE.jpg]
You listed Teachers along the side of Staff Members. I thought Teachers were not liek staff members, even so - I mainly brought this up just because of your comment that was all. The comment made it sound weird. Even so, when the reason was stated, there isn't a full "Required" list so why would age be involved without being written down officially.
[Image: Community_Member.png]
(11-02-2016, 06:53 AM)Linken Wrote: You listed Teachers along the side of Staff Members. I thought Teachers were not liek staff members, even so - I mainly brought this up just because of your comment that was all. The comment made it sound weird. Even so, when the reason was stated, there isn't a full "Required" list so why would age be involved without being written down officially.

Teachers are promoted to the rank just like staff members are, they both should be taken seriously

Teachers are a role-model to the server. They teach others the way to play the gamemode and have fun. They have some responsibilities to do like;

Getting people enjoying the gamemode
Getting people involved with the community
Teacher people how to roleplay well

That's what teachers are meant to do. We are treated like any other user or staff member. We're all equal. If you have irresponsible teachers in the server then the server will go down as other people follow in you're tracks. To get teacher you need to prove that you can do all the things listed above, well and be responsible in the server and out of the server.

That's my rant, They might of misworded it, They might of put things they shouldn't. If you get denied, Don't leave, There is always space to change and apply again. Rossi hasn't said You won't get it. He saying, Why you got denied the first time, What you need to improve on.

Teacher

Darkside
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]
(11-02-2016, 06:47 AM)Rossi Wrote: Stating that it is unprofessional is false, it's like trying to get a job, if you don't meet the required age, you don't get the job.

Because in a job you have to be professional. Having a kid in a call center makes the business look unprofessional therefore they wont hire hence the age limt so it isnt false.
Regards,
Perqe
British Moderator
(11-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Perqe Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 06:47 AM)Rossi Wrote: Stating that it is unprofessional is false, it's like trying to get a job, if you don't meet the required age, you don't get the job.

Because in a job you have to be professional. Having a kid in a call center makes the business look unprofessional therefore they wont hire hence the age limt so it isnt false.

Re-read what I have said, you just mixed my words and re-wrote it to what I was saying..

He said it's unprofessional to have an age limit, which is false, as jobs due have age limits

(11-02-2016, 02:04 PM)Rossi Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Perqe Wrote:

Re-read what I have said, you just mixed my words and re-wrote it to what I was saying..

He said it's unprofessional to have an age limit, which is false, as jobs due have age limits

I meant you have age limits to ensure the servers professional look. So we are both stating the same point.
Regards,
Perqe
British Moderator